- The state highway in Battle Lake, MN, was rebuilt as a complete street.
- Art was an important part of the project.
- The police chief likes the slower traffic.
- We talk with a developer about pedestrians on Broadway in Fargo, ND.
- We look at pedestrian planning by the Fargo-Moorhead Metro Council of Governments.
- We learn about the North Dakota Active Transportation Alliance.
Here are the before and after photos of Lake Avenue (State Route 78) in Battle Lake, MN. The road was reduced from 4 lanes to 3 lanes in a classic road diet. The space freed up was used to widen the sidewalks. Notice that the streetlights (which were not moved) went from being next to the curb on the old sidewalk to the center of the wider sidewalk.