- The National Transportation Safety Board did a Special Investigation Report on Pedestrian Safety.
- We talk with the president of Bike Baton Rouge.
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Saturday, September 21, 2019
- We look at pedestrian improvements in Decatur, Georgia.
- We talk with a wheelchair user in Atlanta.
- PEDS advocates for pedestrians in Atlanta.
- We attend Walk to School Day in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- We drop in on the Lantern Parade on the Atlanta Beltline Trail.
We visit Atlanta, Georgia.
- The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) has a new Council on Active Transportation.
- We drop by the Georgia Tech Sidewalk Research Lab.
- We meet the head of the Buckhead Community Improvement District.
We visit New Orleans, Louisiana.
- We learn about 8 80 Cities and Open Streets.
- We talk with the executive director of Friends of Lafitte Greenway.
- Bike Easy works to make bicycling easy, safe, and fun.
- The Louisiana Secretary of Transportation addresses the Walk - Bike - Place Conference.
- We hear about the Great American Rail Trail.
We visit Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Refuge islands help pedestrians cross a five lane arterial.
- We talk with the president of Bike-Walk Knoxville.
- We look at a street that had a road diet.
- We travel to Tokyo to take a peek at Shibuya Crossing: "The World's Busiest Crosswalk".
We travel to Vicksburg, Mississippi, where an old bridge is closed to pedestrians.
- We talk with the Superintendent of the Vicksburg Bridge Commission of Warren County.
- We learn about Friends of the Vicksburg Bridge.
- We meet a community health advocate who wants people to walk on the bridge.
- We watch a train cross the bridge.
- We learn about a new publication, "Meeting the Needs of People Walking".
- Walk21 holds their annual conference in Bogota, Colombia.
- The United Nations Environment Program helps cities improve conditions for pedestrians.
- The National Association of City Transportation Officials has produced a "Global Street Design Guide".
- We talk with the President of Pepco Holdings about a new trail under their power lines in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- We talk with the Chair of the Park and Planning Commission about trails and Rights Of Way.