Saturday, August 26, 2017

Curving Sidewalk - FAIL

Sometimes a misguided designer decides to create a curving sidewalk instead of a straight one to make it prettier.  They are forgetting that people are walking on sidewalks to get somewhere.

Here is a curving sidewalk in Leawood, Kansas, and the account of a blind pedestrian who finds it very problematic:




"Many new sidewalks are being replaced [without] the thought of the blind persons, like myself that depend and must navigate on them to/from daily for the past decade. Last year they put in an artistically crazy curvy sidewalk in front of the Leawood Justice Center between my home and my church. It's a nightmare and I curse just thinking about it. It's a total injustice to the blind or visually impaired.

"Frustrated and Stranded with my white cane in Leawood, Kansas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment